Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 4

Today we went to the pediatrician (Kinderarzt) and had Zoe's first check up since the hospital. She's a very healthy baby :) (of course, didn't expect anything else) and we made a very good timing as well. It's not that easy to get everybody ready in time! Time management is the first way to success. Well... since Zoe slept all the way through the night she was eating a lot this morning but we were ready to go on time and 15 min. early in the doc office (*proud*).
Yes, Zoe slept through, can you imagine? She just didn't wanna go to bed last night. Somehow she just wanted to be with us only and not alone. So we ended up letting her sleep in our bed and she loved that! Took her only three days to move into our bed! She's an amazing baby! We're soooo lucky :).
Here our setup in the bedroom, the cute bassinet she's sleeping in:
sooo cute, before the fight of not wanting to go to sleep:
... I think she's thinking about something, at least it looks like it:
This morning after feeding a little bit... totally passed out:
One picture of me and her :). Somebody requested that one ;)... I'm sooo happy :)
Finally... she's out of her koma and wakes up. I told her I'm gonna blog that ;). I let her scream a little bit so she's eating good because she hasn't eaten at all overnight and falling asleep while eating is not an option this time ;)
The nurse wasn't happy about me not feeding her overnight!!! I told her that it's not working feeding a sleeping baby!!! Hallo? The nurse told me to do workout with her legs and arms to wake her up at least once during the night!
In the waiting room... sleeping peacefully in her car seat...
Her jacket has rabbit ears *lol*... it's the cutest jacket I've ever seen... will show better pictures later on of it... you have to see it.
Yeah... that was a busy day. This afternoon I took off ;). Grandma and Daddy were watching Zoe and I took some time to myself and went to the mall, went shopping for some things and enjoyed some 'me' time.

Now some other questions I got in the comments I wanna answer:

If we got adjusted to parenthood: In my eyes I think there wasn't an adjustment needed at all! We came home and right away we lived the way you normally live with a baby! I have no idea but it's just there... naturally... and we love it :).

If I love being a mom? YES... 1000%... it's the best thing there is. She's so much fun just watching her, getting to know her habits, feeding her, taking care of her. I just love it. Today I had a 'mom down' you could say! You know when we go to bed we all say 'good night' to her and also her grand ma :)... it's just so much fun. This week Frank is working from home so Frank's mom was watching Zoe so I could take some time to myself. But the sad thing is that my mom will never be able kiss her 'good night'... or watch her for a while, seeing her growing up... (well, I hope she's watching from somewhere...) I don't know... just today it all came up in me. I'm so glad Frank's mom can watch her growing up and being a grandma to her. She enjoys Zoe so much, it's so good to see it and I'm so grateful for that.

Tomorrow we will get a couple of inches of snow or so... well... shopping is all done and I could use a day just hanging around...

5 comments:

Doug and/or Dana said...

Finally! Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them. You look great and you are doing a fine job taking care of her. I think letting her scream to wake up is good, so she nurses well. I also like the nurses idea about one night feeding. The picture of her on your belly is just precious. Love them. Enjoy mommyhood!!!

Jela said...

Ich bin ganz fest davon überzeugt, dass Mama schaut. So etwas lässt sie sich doch nicht entgehen!

Schön, dass du endlich ein Bild von dir und Zoe reingestellt hast. Nun fehlt noch eins mit euch dreien.

Anonymous said...

Ich war eigentlich immer so das ich dachte ich will so schnell keine Kinder.
Jetzt wurde bei meiner Mama Demenz diagnostiziert. Das hat viel geändert. Sie liebt Kinder und sie war so eine tolle Mama, sie ist bestimmt die Beste Oma der Welt. Je länger ich aber warte um so unwarscheinlicher das sie die Chance hat Oma zu sein. Also aktiv. Und das macht mich heute schon traurig.
Ich denke ich versteh also ganz gut was Du meinst.
Aber ich teile da die Meinung Deiner Schwestern: sie sieht ganz sicher zu.

Anonymous said...

Liebe Rona, ich schaue jeden Tag in "Ronas Notes" hinein und freue mich sehr, dass Sie alle rundum glücklich sind. Schön, das Foto von Klein-Zoe und Mama. Und die vielen lustigen "Schnütchen", die die Kleine so ziehen kann! Ich glaube auch, dass sie von Ihrer Mutter an irgend einem Ort, zu dem wir ja alle einmal gehen, genau so bewundert, geliebt und behütet wird.
Ganz liebe Grüße!
Helene Kynast

Anonymous said...

Liebe Rona sei dir ganz sicher: Ilka sieht euch, liebt euch und lebt in dir und deiner Tochter weiter. Sie wusste schon immer, dass du eine tolle, liebevolle Mum seien würdest und wieder einmal hat sie recht behalten. Sie wusste genau, dass du es lieben und geniessen würdest, so wie sie es so sehr genossen hat für jeden von euch vieren eine liebevolle Mum zu sein !!!
Sei umarmt von deiner Edda