Saturday, February 20, 2010

doc appt and first real walk

I just missed one day of posting and now I'm loaded with news for you :). Well... yesterday we had our 2 week baby doc appt. and again she's healthy as she can be. She didn't grow at all since birth but she gained back her birth weight plus a few extra ounces which is perfect. Now she's 7 lbs and 15 oz I think... which will be 3600 grams (good that I have the unit translator on my IPhone). I think 4 days after her birth she was down to 7 lbs and 6 oz (3300 grams). (Her birth weight was 7 lbs 13 oz (3500 grams)). All is good with her and her crying is simply gas in her stomach that gives her a lot of pain :(. Well I stopped drinking coffee as well and it seems to be much better since then *sad looking*.
And then when we were back home after lunch I went groceries shopping. I'm telling you... it's really a workout now with Zoe and she's not even running around by herself so I have to have my eyes on her all the time ;). Well... I managed everything perfectly, drove out to Costco (which is also 30 min away), ran through the store got everything we needed. First I had some space issues in the shopping cart. The baby seat incl. baby took up all the space in the shopping cart but then I found a good solution and had to watch where I was driving because the seat was right in front of my eyes! Well... I managed not to run anybody over *hihi*... I did do a second stop at another store and then Zoe was ready to wake up again. Perfect timing :). She loves riding in the car :).
Today is an easy going day for us and I took the chance to finally do a real walk outside, it's sunny and you can already hear the birds singing. It was soooo great to be out for a while and Zoe liked it as well. I had to give her the pacifier because her hands were all wrapped away (no thumb sucking possible) but she took it without issues and slept through the walk. But I was shocked in what shape I was!!! 2 weeks no walks and not in shape anymore? Hello? Unbelievable!!! That has to change. Well, I'm not allowed to do any other sports than taking walks. But I started lifting little weights for my arm muscles already... I need to get a start somehow. As soon as the doc gives me the 'ok' I'll start with pilates again. I have back pain already from breast feeding I guess and carrying Zoe around. Hope my back will be patient with me for another 3-4 weeks... Pilates will spice up my back again and everything else as well :).
Our lake is still half frozen:
It's interesting, isn't it? Does she look more like Frank or me? I don't even care whom she looks more alike she's sooo beautiful and perfect but I also see Frank more in her than myself. She's so cute in the mornings now when it's feeding time before we're getting up she's smiling around before she starts eating. That's such a great start into the day!
And another cool thing I'm very proud of :)... I lost already about 25 lbs since I gave birth :). I only have another 6 lbs (3kgs) left until I'm back to my 'prior to pregnancy' weight!!! That's such a morning boost as well :).
Well... I go and get the little one changed now. She's finally done with the painful pooping and is sleeping again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats the bigest pacifier i ever seen, i'm glad she is feeling better (love you all)grandma norma