Saturday, March 31, 2012

A few minutes

Now I'm having a few minutes but no pictures to share ;)... It's always either or, isn't it?

The kids are doing great. Henry has adjusted to his new room very well and the beginning problems seemed to have had other problems and not the room. I just discovered his first little tooth sticking out :(... yes, he's gotten his first little tiny tooth. That was bothering him all of last week and until a few days ago... because since I think the middle of the week or so he slept so wonderfully, he only came ONCE / night or another time when I was ready to get up anyways and that is soooo nice! I can't tell you how much I was missing my 'sleeping through the nights'.

Zoe is so cute with him... she calls him always: Baby Kosh! I have no idea where the 'kosh' comes from but her words are getting better and better and she can name many more things now and sometimes it's still a puzzle for us!

Zoe still doesn't show ANY interest in wanting to go to the toilet (we have a little potty training pot for her with an Elmo face on it) but she makes me put Henry sit on it *lol*... she's a trip man! So before Henry takes a bath he has to make a stop on the potty but Zoe won't have to sit on it at all... she seems to be scared of potty training (Toilettentraining). I have to admit though... having two in diapers is so much easier than always have to run to the restroom with the kids so I'm dragging it out there I think.

In regards of baby planning... we're done :( :)... I'm very happy but also very sad on the other hand. Let's see the positive side... I'll be able to spend more time again with just Frank and also being able to do things for me more than being dependent on the kids (or their dependent on me). After a couple of yrs being pregnant/ breastfeeding/ pregnant/ still breastfeeding it'll be nice to get my body back and not having somebody nurturing on it but on the other hand this is so special and I really enjoyed every bit of it. Not having another little one makes you cherish these moments with Henry so much more and when he falls asleep in my arms just looking at this cute baby boy being so comfortable in my arms and secure... it makes your heart melt I tell you. But it's so nice to see the two interact with each other so nicely and I think they're a very good fit and will be happy having each other and that's ok. If there will ever come another pregnancy news that would be a big surprise and more an accident ;). So enjoy the baby pics as long as they come because they'll fade out sooner or later and then you'll see two crazy toddler on the screen *lol*...

Easter is coming up... and I tell you, having kids is like being able to be a kid yourself one more time. It's so much fun what you can do with them and what they love. So I thought we can do an egg hunt in our park in the subdivision for the kids. I'm going to color 8 dozen eggs on WED night with my neighbor and then on THU night I'll have some other neighbors over and we'll prepare some little gifts and make little gift bags that we'll hide on SAT morning. You don't have to spend much money, the board actually gave me $200 to spend but who needs all that? Color some eggs, get some candy and these plastic eggs and hide them... it's fun for the kids and little spent for the neighbors to gather and have a fun time. I really hope some will show up and appreciate this event :). I know that many neighbors are very happy about me being on the board :). They get informed so nicely, the events I'm planning for us are always very highly talked about. It's so much fun...

Jela to answer your question... I know many people here, you're right :). When you're a stranger in a new country you find your folks in every corner very quickly ;)... so I know a German 'Krabbelgruppe' which has about 10-15 german mom's in it... then I went to the Lamaze Center for a Mom's group with Zoe back in the day and met another lovely 10+ mom's with which I still meet regularly with one and the other ones I have contact with on Facebook. Then I went to www.meetup.com and found a great group that is holding about 50+ moms' + kids where I still don't know everybody but also people come and go and I just got announced Assistant Manager ;) so I schedule events as well and host events at our place or different other places. There are at least two hand full Ladies I really like a lot and also consider them friends and would probably still be in contact with if I wouldn't be in this group. THEN I have the neighborhood ;)... we have about 150 houses here and I have my close neighbor next door where we do dinner nights every month together and have lots of other neighbors we chat when we see each other. Two other neighbors I meet regularly with our kids (one of them is Jen my midmife) and it continues as the time goes on and you meet more and more neighbors. The Ladies' night has become a great event and we had about 25 people the first night and it continues ;). I think this is all of the groups I know... well and then you have these day to day things like our Music Class, there are also very nice mom's in it but so far I only met with one other mom (a norwegian girl) outside the class and she went back home to norway last year. So you see... I know lots of people ;). I think Frank is already thinking about special things on a new house that we could get in case we'll ever move to make the move easier for me *lol*... right now we're thinking about upgrading our house... the kitchen is getting stainless steal appliances and a granite looking countertop and then I told Frank he can start the basement... I think the kitchen needs and upgrade before we finish our basement! I have no clue what we'll do with all of that space but it's sure awesome for entertainment and great if people come an visit *hint hint*...

I tell you, we have a very special little family going here... everything is very harmonic and we're in a very nice and smooth groove over here... enjoying our lives and having the happiest kids you've ever seen :). So... Ms Zoe is ready to get up and my 'few minutes' come to an end. Have a wonderful weekend guys, I'll enjoy mine with a hairdresser appt. in the morning and DATE NIGHT with my hubby for dinner *YEAH*... :) looking forward to that a lot...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAVE FUN.........GM