Monday, September 26, 2011

Henry Michael is here

Our little bundle of joy arrived! Henry Michael, healthy little boy came with 8lbs 9oz (3900 Gramm) and 20.75 inch (52.7 cm) at 732PM to us. The birth story is very short and sweet... here we go:
Last night I felt contractions (SUN night) for a couple of hrs but then they went away and I could finally go to sleep at 1AM. In the morning (MON) I got up like normal, started working nothing happened but I kind of took it easy once Zoe was up and completed packing my bag and also Zoe's bag, JUST IN CASE...
Around lunch (Zoe just started taking her nap) I started having contractions again but just minor again but to a point where I felt not very comfortable going to music class by myself so I asked Frank if he could go with Zoe so she has at least the fun and gets out the house. Frank didn't wanna leave me home alone so we all went together and had a great time. (Contractions were still going but barely noticeable)... we're driving home and I was just tracking the contractions for fun and Frank got a little worried since they were kind of close together. So we were thinking what we should do? Bring Zoe to her friends' house so everybody can get a good night's rest (JUST in case something is going to happen overnight)? Or just wait it out?
By the time we arrived at home, the contractions were stronger that we decided Zoe has to go over to Janos' right now... that was a GREAT idea...
While Frank dropped off Zoe and I was finishing up work, taking a soak in the bathtub... the contractions were scary close and by the time Frank got home, he wanted to leave for the hospital RIGHT AWAY... but of course with me as his wife... it was more comfortable on the bathroom floor than 'thinking' about going downstairs into the car, car ride to the hospital for 30 min... urgh... well... he had to dress me and we finally were on the road. The contractions were already 3 min apart and strong... Frank flew over the interstate like a maniac, I wasn't happy about that 'bumpy' ride at all and today I finally also complained about the michigan streets *lol*... coming into the hospital, we checked in at 705PM... they let me sit in front of the triage (the room where you can evaluated if you're ready to deliver or false alarm) for at least 3 contractions until I screamed: 'Could somebody please help me here???' Frank of course wasn't allowed in that track (AGAIN *URGH*) so I saw a midwife I knew back from Zoe's visits and said: Please get me checked out!!!
They finally got the room ready for me moved me onto the bed... my water broke right then and there... they had to undress me and check... I was READY to push! Everything went so fast... of course I wasn't allowed to push yet and they moved me over to a rolling bed (again) and ran me over into the delivery room as fast as they could (again)... I had to move onto the other bed and PUSH! Didn't take long and there was Henry!
He's so cute!!! Healthy and calm, drinks good. I'm up and ready to go around already just very tired and exhausted... it went all sooo quick that I still need some time to 'realize' it all.
Frank went back home and is having a good night sleep and will pick up Zoe tomorrow morning, come over so we can introduce the siblings and then he'll pick up his mom from the airport around lunch and then they'll be back here :).
Enjoy some pics... I'll do more later/ tomorrow... he has to stabilize his temperature since he's a little low on the temperature right now. Other than that he's great. I just love being a mom :)
He wasn't soo happy about all the flashlight ;)... in natura he looks of course so much cuter. Can't wait to show Zoe her little brother. Now I'm waiting until they're done with all their testing etc. because I'm not willing to go to sleep and they wake me up again in the middle of the night because of some testing.

8 comments:

Life is a Miracle said...

What a fantastic birth story Rona! I am so happy for you 3. He is such a handsome little man. Congratulations! I am amazed how fast everything went...great :)
Yeah to the little cute boy in our family!
Sandra & Angel

Anja said...

Congrats! :)
He is such a cutie.

Blupp said...

Auch an dieser Stelle von uns allen hier aus Good Old Germany die allerherzlichsten Glückwünsche zur Geburt des kleinen, süßen Henry Michael.
Er ist wirklich ein süßer Fratz.
LG Oma und Opa Ruhe

Edda said...

Auch von uns aus Del. ganz herzliche Glückwünsche zu dieser Super-Schnell-Geburt und alles alles Liebe von Eurer Edda und family

hel.kyn. said...

Liebe Rona, ganz herzlichen Glückwunsch zum kleinen Henry Michael, er ist ein prächtiges Baby! Und Zoe wird bestimmt auch sehr staunen über ihr Brüderchen. Die besten Wünsche von Kynasts aus der Bleicherstraße!

Irina und Thorsten said...

Hey Rona,

Congratulations!! Well done!!! :-)) Cutie!!!! Just take your time to recover :-) All the very best for you and your family! Zoe wird ganz schön Augen machen :-))))) Ihr müsst unbedingt Bilder machen, bin auf ihr Gesicht gespannt! :-)

Al said...

Rona and Frank congratulations on the cute addition to your family!

Love,
Al & Cheryl

Die Ullu ;-) said...

sooo süss der kleene, aber was hätten wir auch anderes erwartet :-)
und du siehst fantastisch aus,so frisch nach der geburt süsse!!!
euch vieren alles alles liebe