Well, yesterday night I was meeting with some Ladies in our neighborhood, we're going to plan a party in the park we have here :). Since I'm the Director for Social and Communications I have some duties to full fill :). And I'm loving it :)...
We're going to do a fall theme on Oct 23rd. That way I'm totally gonna be able to join *happy*... first we wanted to do a Halloween theme but I know that some people are having problems with these themes due to religion so we changed it to a fall/ harvest theme with costumes who'd like to dress up (since the party will be the weekend before Halloween). We're going to have a costume contest as well for the 'scariest', the 'cutest', the 'best', the 'most creative' and the 'funniest' costume :). Even a heyride we'll do with a 4-wheeler + flat bret trailer where we just stack some hey on it so the kids can take a ride on it in the neighborhood. Our ideas just went away with us and we're so excited about this event and hope that our neighbors will love it as much as we will. So... now I have to think of some costumes for Zoe and Henry :). Suggestions please. Zoe went as a pumpkin last time, it was pretty cute. I thought to dress Henry as a pumpkin this time but he'll still be very tiny! Maybe I should just 'dress up' his stroller and leave him bundled up in the stroller. He'll probably just sleep through the whole party but Zoe will totally enjoy all the action and games :). Oh I can't wait for the party :). This afternoon I'll go shopping and get some pricing on some items so we can put together how much money we'll need. FUN
I tell you, I know soooo many people here. I get calls from neighbors if I'm doing fine (because they haven't seen any movements in our house even though we're out and about lots but all schedules are different and they might've missed us every time we're adventuring) and two groups of people already offered to provide me food for some days after I come home from the hospital so I won't have to take care of making dishes (it's very nice, they do that here and sign up for a couple of days everybody chips in and just drops off a dish for the newly parents). I'm getting soooo much love here, it's almost overwhelming. I even went to a restaurant in Ann Arbor on WED and I ran into a friend of mine! Can you imagine? In Chicago I've never had this experience and I also thought I will never have that here in the USA in general. But I'm starting to run into people everywhere that I know!!! It's sooooo cool. I'm so at 'HOME' here.
So if anybody has issues or problems meeting people, let me know I seem to be having no problems at all with that ;).
Oh! Time to prepare lunch... Zoe also thinks that that is a good idea... she's getting hungry for pasta *lol*


3 comments:
Hey Rona, so cool, dieses Gefühl, daheim zu sein, super!!!!!! Du wirst doch da nicht wieder gleich weg wollen?? :-) Ha, wenn ich Dich sehe mit Deinem Bauch, JA, will auch noch eins!!! :-))))) Aber das muss noch warten... can´t share the great news yet but you know about it ;-)))))
Wir sind sooo gespannt auf Klein-Henry! Die besten Wünsche für Sie, liebe Rona, und Ihre Familie!
8 days to go. Kaum zu glauben, dass bald ein weiterer Mensch das Licht der Welt erblickt, einfach so, von jetzt auf gleich ein Leben mehr auf der Welt.
Ich kann's kuam abwarten!! Also gogo, Henry.
Post a Comment