Thursday, September 29, 2011

Special Care Unit

Here another picture of our little peanut.
Well, things took a total change after 2PM on TUE. I couldn't talk to anybody without crying like a Sissy so here is the story now that I feel stronger and better. Since Henry wasn't breathing so easy (his nose was very stuffy) they wanted to take x-ray's of his chest, check all kinds of blood stuff, give him antibiotics since I couldn't get them during delivery (I was too fast)... They took him away from me to the 'Special Care Unit'!!! Out of my room, out of my sight... I broke down as you can imagine. I need my babies with me not somewhere else with somebody else! They hooked him up to all kinds of stuff, IV in his head, cables attached to him via sticker and around his feet and hand... I don't even wanna take pictures. He's getting cuter every day and he's sooo content and calm with all this going on. I went to him for the feedings and of course they discharged me yesterday around lunch but Henry had to stay there for another day until the test results of the bacteria comes back! I can tell you... in the hospital I couldn't sleep at all, I was emotionally so drained that I was shiffering all night, I was feeling so sick that I wanted to throw up and there was no energy left in me at all nor could I eat anything without feeling sick. So I went from one extreme of happiness and awesome feeling into this emotionally drained and no energy within a couple of hrs!!! Add the hormones!!! I was/ am a MESS!!!
I had to get home to get sleep and be with Frank and Zoe. I knew Henry was doing good there but it was freaking hard leaving him there. So today in the AM they'll get the test results and since the first reading (after 24hrs) came back negative the chances the second one (after 48hrs) comes back positive only in 1% cases. So he should be ready to go TODAY :)... I can't wait... I'm overly thrilled having him with us today. I don't ever wanna have to go through this ever again! And in his little age they gave him already antibiotics but on the other hand also his breathing very much improved and the antibiotics could've also helped with clearing his nose up or just the saline drops! It's a pain when you have no control over your baby whatsoever and people just make decisions for you!
So that's the latest update from us... sorry if I wasn't picking up any phone calls or didn't respond to any messages/ emails or inform you earlier... I just couldn't talk to anybody and needed to get my act together. Now I hope you all wish us luck that Henry comes back today the earliest possible! :)
He's the cutest thing ever and PAPS :)... he has BOTH your dimples :)... too cute!!!
Oh, and even my talk to him 'not' peeing on me while changing his diapers he ignored... he totally did pee yesterday while I was changing his diaper! Urgh! Boys!!! Well, he mostly got himself wet but man... I told him not to do such a thing!
Now I'm enjoying my first breakfast again without feeling sick, I had a good night sleep for the first time after delivery and hope that tonight we'll be here home with all 4 of us. Updates will follow... once everything is back to normal you can count on many updates again and I'll be able to talk like normal being overly happy with our two kiddos home :).

1 comment:

Doug and/or Dana said...

Bless his heart. I hope he will be good to go soon. I wouldn't leave my child with anyone either. Can one of you stay with him there? I am glad you took some rest, but he needs to get home to you guys. Hope all is well and Henry gets to go home healthy!