Sunday, September 9, 2012

Already Sunday

This week somehow flew by again! :(... We're having sunday again and tomorrow another week starts all over again. 'School' started here in the USA so hopefully less traffic at play grounds and less busy. Somehow during 'summer break' every family is so crazy busy and even our kids don't go to school it seems that we've been crazy busy as well?!
Henry already turns one on Sept 26th!!! Isn't that crazy? I mean this year just flew by like nothing. Zoe is talking and talking. Henry is eating LOTS... He's a dude I guess :). It seems to me that if he's not eating he needs to be occupied or he remembers he's hungy *lol*. I could just let him sit on the table all morning eating!!! But that's good... I'm trying to limit the breast feeding now since I kind of wanted to wean him when he's a year old which won't look a successful try to me at all. We got him down to once a night *YEAH*... I feel refreshed :). But he still feeds in total probably 3-4 in a 24 hrs timeframe. Slowly but surely, right? He's my 'good' eater... Zoe seems to become a very picky eater as well :(... but like my mom used to say: "We eat what's on the table"... and damn she's right. I'm tired of offering this and that, enough!!! 
Henry likes almost everything if it's 'adult' food... he kind of skipped the whole 'baby food' part *lol*. A real man needs real food, I guess *lol*. Look at them munching away :)


Yesterday I threw a surprise Farewell (Abschiedsfeier) party for my friend Silke with Alex and Max. She's going to leave her home here by the 25th and she has not planned any party or anybody else planned a surprise for her so I quickly jumped in and organized one. You can't just leave without a propper 'goodbye'!!!
It was a full success, all the guests were having a good time, Silke was super surprised and LOVED it and the kids were busy playing and loving it too.
Of course I used that opportunity to bake again :)... my first try candied fruits! Basically fruit and mint leaves with egg whites covered lightly and a sugar 'coat'... oh my!!! For the first try it was ok but man, what a sticky mess and I don't know if it's worth all that work, I'd rather just decorate next time with fruits that are left alone and not sugar coated. *note to self*
Here the finished product. Oh they were DELICIOUS. And I had so much food leftover... my friend Jen threw a birthday party for her husband at night and I brought her over all my leftovers for her party :)... That's a great way of recycling food, don't you think? We should plan this 'party after another' more often, that way you don't end up eating all that sugar by yourself and more people can enjoy the variations of food ;).
Kids are waking up... time for me to start my 'mommy sunday' ;). Wish you all a great sunday and a great start into the next week.

No comments: