Good Morning :)... this is the best medicine to get up early and enjoying a nice shower, a hot cup of coffee and some breakfast all by myself while all my cuties are still in bed sleeping away :). If you're a mom, try it out... it gives you some peace of mind and stuff done you just don't have time to during the day. Actually when I get up just in time to get myself ready and the kids are already ready to go I'm not functioning right...
So yesterday in my 'free time' while the kids were sleeping I was getting all the paperwork done for the german consulate that we go to in a week... our little ones are getting their german birth certificate, german passports and I have to finally get my name changed in Germany from my maiden name to my married name and I have to say... that step is hard! Here in the USA nobody uses your last name really but when you're in Germany you're always talked to as: Mrs. 'last name'... this is going to be a disaster!!! I was trying to convince Frank to use his name here in the USA and my name in Germany :).. but he wasn't going for it plus it would complicate all the paperwork anyways... and I don't want to have any complications immigrating and stuff. So I will be a little sad to let go of my maiden name for good BUT, it's still in all the documents anyways :).
I was thinking about my silence reader this morning... I was eager to write a few lines for them because it kind of touched me that there are people out there that I don't know at all that like following our life. When I still had time to read other people's blog I was doing that too and just yesterday I was googling 'us naturalization certificate' because I wasn't sure if Zoe and Henry need it and I got guided to a blog of a girl also with a mixed relationship (foreign/ US citizen)... it's always such an adventure... of course it's more adventures when you come over with a K-1 Visa and not like me living here already and then get married. But nevertheless, our lives are all very adventures and I LOVE IT... it's kind of fun to have the different cultures in one family... or me not understanding every single word when people come up with these out of the blue new words *lol*... I guess I'm used to Frank's vocabulary after all these years but when I meet other people I haven't seen for a while, there is always the question 'What does that mean'? And I'm proud of it. I'm super excited about the little ones to get their german passport... the woman from the consulate calling me was probably thinking how weird I must be since they are already German and I'm so excited about getting it all formalized... but it's always nicer to see it on paper :). The world is open for them and specially in this economy right now the more options you have the better it is :). I'm very happy about it.
I totally got off track again! Back to my silence reader and my Facebook... when I told Frank that I want to delete my Facebook account he told me to really think about it if I really wanna do it! Well... he had to admit that I'm always best informed about what's going on with in his family but I also talk to my mother in law on a regular basis :)... FB is kind of cool... I would miss it terribly... I just found my cousin Henning, he signed on just now and I was looking for him earlier... it was sooo cool finding him and getting in touch again since it's a little piece of family from my side which we don't have much anyways... we're now starting to grow our 'family' again so our kids will have lots of real cousins :). We only had cousins that were kids from my mom's or dad's cousin's... but they counted as our real cousins :). So I might postphone my idea about deleting FB and making my blog secure.
We have such a great life and seeing our kids interact with each other and what kind of people they become you can tell that we have a very special thing going and that makes me sooo happy inside and proud to be a part of our little family. It just all comes together wonderfully :).
Yesterday we got a lot of snow but that didn't stop me to go to a birthday party with our little ones :). Marilyn was celebrating Nicolas' 2nd birthday and she did such a great job! She started planning 2 months ago and now I have a bad feeling about not having planned anything really besides ordering the birthday cake for Zoe's 2nd birthday that is in 2 weeks!!!! Well... I'm too busy and I'll go with the flow and start getting it all together when we're back from Chicago ;). If the Raven's win today (Playoffs from the Football stuff here - Superbowl) then I get Frank into driving to Baltimore right after Zoe's birthday party and right before my friend Bjoern comes to town :)... it's gonna be BUSY for us but I'm all up for it... next weekend we'll drive to Chicago. It's gonna be FUN.
Here some pics from our birthday trip yesterday:
My cool phone as a camera in the front, Zoe loves playing with it... little goof
Henry was just chillen out... I tell you, these kids are AMAZING!!! Sometimes I have to pinch myself if this is not a dream?! Zoe enjoyed playing around while Henry was just good as can be... and he starts to sleep longer and longer stretches! I mean... seriously? AND... I just discovered last night that two of Zoe's last bottom molars (Backenzaehne) are out!!!! I didn't even notice one bit in her not sleeping well or being in pain or whatnot!
Zoe unwrapping the 'give away' treats. It was funny, when the cake was cut way too late... I was dying to eat it and it was cut almost at the end of the party :(. Zoe grabbed one of the little sweet treats from the table and was standing there totally guilty, knowing she did something she wasn't supposed to do! She was treasuring this little treat in her hands, looking up to Nicolas' dad like: 'Look, I got this little treat that I'm not suppose to eat but I got it anyways and I might eat it soon if you're not taking it away from me...'... I was just cracking up... she's full of fun, of course she had to give it up because we still don't encourage her to eat sweets with sugar in it. It hit me the other day that she's almost 2 and she hasn't been introduced to sugar... but hey... the longer I can get her away from sugar the better... and she brushes her teeth very good as well so we're all in for good teeth in our kids :). And who needs sugar anyways? ;)
Ok, my little ones are both up... Henry is patiently waiting for me to be done typing ;)... Zoe is playing in her crib waiting for me to get her. They're just great!!! I wish you all a very wonderful sunday. I know we'll have one... and YES family, I'll dress Zoe in her Raven's outfit today ;)... so if they'll win, we'll see you on superbowl sunday in Baltimore ;)








No comments:
Post a Comment