Today I officially signed with my new name... that was soooo exciting :). First I went to the Secretary of State and tried to get my Michigan Driver License with my new name and then I wanted to go to the Social Security Administration and get my SSN name changed as well. BUT, I started in the wrong office. So I went to the SSA right away and got my name changed on my SSN which was soooo easy since I had all needed docs right there (I tell you, I was prepared). Since the 'change' at the SSA takes about 24 hrs I'll have to go back to the Secretary of State on Monday to get my new driver license with my new name and then I have to change all the other stuff.
It was really exciting when I finally was allowed to write with my married name... i'm telling you :). And when the guy was about to write my new name in the computer, I told him he should write it RIGHT :)... that was pretty funny I think ;). He was pretty dry but I didn't care, I checked it all in the end again... looks pretty funny my new name, still have to get used to it.
1 comment:
It's not a easy name........
Post a Comment