Today we met with a midwife (first visit after almost 2 month not seeing a doc). And it was great. This network of midwife consists of 18 midwifes that are located in different areas and also cover each other in case they're understaffed. We'll probably end up with meeting 3 of them during the rest of the pregnancy and it could be that another midwife will help us deliver, but that's totally fine with me. As long as there are not so many people around. I just want Frank to be there, our midwife and I. Then she said 2 nurses/ assistances and two other ones in case the baby needs help will be in the room as well. I'd like to limit it to the very minimum and she said I can always ask for it and it also all depends on the health of the baby and my health of course.
Again I had a high blood pressure :(... normally my blood pressure is very good just recently it's a little higher every time I go and see the female doc because of the whole shock she put me through a year ago and I really don't have an explanation now why the blood pressure is high during the pregnancy. I'm just not comfortable with female docs anymore I guess!!! But anyway... the midwife was great and I haven't gotten so much information from my previous doc then we got today from the midwife. It was amazing!!! Of course I have to be seen by a doctor if we don't find out more about my blood pressure problem and how we can get it down but we'll do some extra testing this week that will give us maybe an answer. And even having to go to a doctor I can still have one of the midwifes with us at the delivery. Which is a pretty nice compromise I think.
If everything goes smoothly they won't even do another ultrasound. So we won't get it 'proven' one more time that it's a girl... we better be prepared in case it'll be a boy *lol*. But we'll be alright and in case it's a boy we have a name picked already as well. We heard Zoe's heartbeat today, pretty cool... so fast and strong. And they also draw some blood again for more testing and making sure everything is fine. I have to see her again in 2 weeks and check on my blood pressure. It's really amazing how much more care you get with a midwife than with a doctor.
Now I'm waiting for my wonderful husband to come home to spend the evening together. He's running to the house every day and does something on it. I'm just too tired to do more than I'm doing already. I asked to travel less because I just can't do it anymore... my body told me already twice within the last week that I work myself too hard and my body really knows HOW to tell me, I can tell you that! Not very nice... I guess that's what happens if you don't listen!!! But now I got it... and I try to slow down and relax more. Today Frank gets the garage door openers working, how exciting :). Can't wait to have my own garage space. And I'll get a baby belly picture update tomorrow maybe so you can see her again ;). She's such a great baby... her kicks are getting a little stronger and especially when I go to bed she's having fun in there... the midwife says that babies are more active when you don't move around because they wanna be rocked *lol*. Ok, our baby is already very demanding ;). Also food... man... now I'm starting to feel that 'hungry' feeling so often... it's crazy! I sit at work and don't even know what I can eat next to satisfy Zoe! But luckily, all my measurements and weight and stuff is all in the average. So that's awesome. Besides my blood pressure it looks very healthy.


No comments:
Post a Comment