just yesterday I went to the movies and saw: Julia & Julie. It's about two women in different times trying to find a reason in their lives by cooking great dishes and 'write' about it. It was a very good movie and had everything in it. After the movie was over the whole crowd was clapping their hands. It really was a good movie, you should go and see it :). Now I totally wanna attend a cooking class *lol* (I need to improve my cooking a little... specially the seasoning... and getting more ideas about what you can do with what)... the woman in the earlier days was writing a cook book, and the woman in the 'now' was cooking her way through THAT cook book and was 'blogging' about it. I was just smiling about that she was blogging it... we with our blogging not knowing who might read all this... it's amazing. But I still love blogging :).
It is supposed to be a nice and hot weekend and I was looking forward hanging out at the pool... but I woke up this morning, and it's raining and it's cloudy!!! Hello??? Where did the sun go? I think no pool time for me this WE :(.
Tonight the German Girl Club is meeting at Steph's place for a BBQ. This time no special German BBQ, we just bring stuff and Steph will throw it on the grill. I look forward to that, I have a taste for 'Bratwurst' for weeks already... oh by the way, I should quickly take them out of the freezer!!! - Ok, done, hope they'll unfreeze until tonight!
Back to the original reason of blogging this post :)... I got a very big compliment yesterday from my boss and boss (I kind of have two - one boss I report to and then one boss who I work for as well but he just needs to know what I'm doing and I don't have to ask him for vacation and that kind of stuff). So anyways. I had my meeting yesterday with both of them how we're going to proceed with my job from DET. Sandra and I were figuring everything out already that I will go back to admin more and less travel and she'll take on the lead and goes out more. But my bosses didn't like that at all! Because apparently they told me, my big strength is to interact with clients and go out to clients!!! And they don't want me to go back to admin! WOW... if they think that's a big strength of mine, how do they think about the rest of my work? Because I thought that that is the one thing I need to improve a little more... I was impressed and very happy about that compliment :). So we're going to 'split up' our region a little different that we thought. I'll support the national accounts. The good thing about that is, that the national sales guys are so educated that they go out by themselves most of the times and they take us with them very little (less travel for me). But then if they need us, it will be big accounts to go to and support = lots of work and very interesting projects! Right now I have so many different projects going it's very interesting and fun but also very busy.
First when I left the meeting I was very disappointed because I'd like to be there for the baby and don't be traveling so much. But at the other hand, this compliment was huge and we can work it all out. I have a great team that I work with. I'll have to travel to Chicago at least twice a month to also do my other half of the job (QSHE). I have made a plan already and I'll meet with my one boss again next week to figure out the big accounts so they get assigned to me and then I'm good to go to move ;). I think I'll start working in DET August, 31st because I still have to work on another project that I'd like to finish first before I move...
And by the way... no news on the house yet :(... I guess we have to wait until next week. The news better be good ;).
Baby is hungry now... I need to eat something. Did I tell you that the baby is a very good one? One of my coworkers is pregnant as well (3 weeks behind us) and there is always something that is not going well with her... yesterday she was throwing up all day! Poor girl... she must've a little rebel in her belly... our baby is so easy going :). Hopefully it won't get my gens in regards of discovering that drawers can be emptied though!!! My mom was so embarrassed she couldn't take me out to friends anymore because I was emptying all their drawers as well *lol*... must've been fun though :). Or going camping... sneaking into another tent and emptying their pots and pan while the owners where gone *lol*... from what I heard about my first few years I was a very good baby but as soon I as started walking... they needed to run after me all the time because I was doing something again what I was not supposed to do *lol*...


No comments:
Post a Comment