Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shopping with a driving Toddler

Found a random pic in my phone... very serious look:
This is what we've tried out yesterday for the first time. Thought it was a fun idea! However first of all you can't take this shopping cart with you to the car unless you wanna go back into the store and drop it off after loading the car since the cars are only available in the store after you pay 1$! (By the way, here in the USA you can just leave shopping cars in the parking lot, there are sections where you can leave them... we don't have to pay anything to get a shopping cart either except at Aldi *lol*... but unfortunately most people just drop carts off next to their cars and not care any further)
So... the whole kidfriendly shopping cart is a cool idea but somewhat uncool. I mean I didn't have to shop that much so I just brought my big IKEA bag and let them fill that one up so I can 'carry' it to the car... and the next uncool thing... while I was getting a DVD for the night from the 'redbox' (a vending machine in the super market where you can rent DVD's for 1$ per day... don't know if that's known in Germany either)... the cart went 'dead' and locked in position so I couldn't drive it anymore! So unfortunately I had to just let it sit there without being able to bring it back! I hope Zoe won't 'locate' the car next time since she really liked it a lot... she knows already where the fishes are *lol*... she's such a smart kiddo. So it was a fun ride but not made for my 'long' shopping trips *lol*
So now the next question comes up... how to decorate Henry's room? It's so difficult since it has to be boyish and I'm so not used to that. I really like this set plus I found a great sticker thing with notes and a song: 'Music is my life' that I could stick on the wall over the changing table
Or Frank thinks a sporting set would be really good (not exactly this one but I couldn't find the nicer one quick enough):Any other ideas that we should look into? I really want it to look great and boyish but I guess I need some help with that *lol*... decorating Zoe's new room I won't have any problems at all but I could use some boy help here though... hihi...
We won't buy anything until he's here since first off he really has to come out as a boy ;)... and then maybe getting to know him for a couple of weeks we might get a good idea what kind of theme might suit him well *lol*... over all he's just a baby!!! But anyways... he should get a very nice decorated room like his sister got :).

2 comments:

Edda said...

die Musikinstrumente sind doch genial , passt zur Ruhe-family...aber braun ist ein wenig traurig oder?
Lb. Gruß Eure Edda

Merle said...

Muss man sich denn gleich so festlegen? Mir persönlich würden "typische" Jungsspiele besser gefallen, z.B. Ritterburg, Piratenschiff o.Ä.
Liebe Grüße,
Merle