Saturday, August 6, 2011

Good Times

Well... of course I forgot again to take pics. Yesterday we were at Silke and Janos and the kiddos were playing so nicely together... I hope Zoe is as nice to her little brother as she is with Janos. She really likes him a lot :). It's always a joy to watch the two play... we just can't get enough of it :). The weather is just fantastic out here. It's in the 30ies (C) but in the shade you can totally stand it and just don't move around too much *lol*... Zoe loves being outside and since Silke has a fence it's so much easier to relax watching the kids while here we would have to watch them like a hawk. I wish sometimes we would have a fence.

Car wise we don't have an update yet but there is no hurry either... apparently a few of our wanted model came in or come into the USA in the next couple of days so we'll see if our dealer can trade one :).

Yesterday we had such a busy day... we also had our 1.5 yrs checkup at the doc with Zoe. Everything is very well... the only thing is that he wasn't as happy when I told him that she clearly 'speaks' only a few words! So now we have to encourage her to 'speak'... all the words that come to my head are so darn difficult! Like I wanted to tell her: remote = Fernbedienung... I said to Frank that it's not cool that I have all the difficult words and he has the easy language *lol*. We both picked a few words that we're going to try to teach her but we made sure they're not the same... not to confuse her too much. I'm gonna go for the easy one in the face: Nase, Mund, Augen, Ohren... 'mehr' she can say already... every time she wants something she says: MEHR! *lol*... We know for sure she understands both languages: English and German, but I guess that wasn't enough :(... Zoe is doing great though... she started throwing tantrums now... it's fun to watch but funny enough I'm as calm as can be with her and won't let her affect my mood or anything so she's not getting very far and very quickly she's back to normal... such an easy kid! Hope Henry will be as easy :).

Then this week I also got my 'immigration' exam done. For the 'permanent residency' / or I guess Greencard we made sure we know what kind of forms we have to fill out, which forms are needed etc. The exam we have crossed of the list now, I'm healthy enough to be able to apply! We'll see how that all goes... this month we're getting everything together and by the end of the month (after our 2yr anniversary) we're going to send in ALL the needed docs. Being married already for 2 yrs saves us two more forms and also a re-applying after 2-3 yrs. Mind as well save all that money!

So, my little monkey is starting to get up... time to get her breakfast ready and sip another coffee in silence *lol*... then we're off to take our walk (I'm so healthy... I think I haven't been healthier in my life!!! You should see my Blood Pressure this pregnancy! It's unbelievably good and I feel great!)... We'll stop by at a garage sale in the AM and in the PM I'll go to a baby sprinkle (2nd baby celebration - same as baby shower) of a friend of mine while Frank is spending some quality time with Zoe. I need to take advantage of the 'me-time' now since I bet it takes us a while to get all back and organized after our little peanut arrives and then I'm gonna be stuck with breastfeeding anyways again... but I'll pump of course as well so I can get out at least every now and then alone.

1 comment:

Jela said...

Hey, versuch's bei Zoe mal mit Essenswörtern, da ist sie bestimmt hellauf begeistert von. ;) Aber nein, wir wollen ja nicht fies zu Zoe sein... ich glaube einfach, dass das bei ihr bissl dauert, weil sie sich nicht für eine Sprache entscheiden kann, aber dafür kann sie ja bald zwei.