Sunday, June 21, 2009

German BBQ and the Girls

It really was time to meet with my German friends again... so we had a German BBQ and Karin and Jen joined us as well. Karin comes originally from Stuttgart and Steph met her at the barn as well as Jen.
Here we have Sandra, Ravyn and Jen:  Karin and Sandra in a discussion:
Steph our BBQ chef: 
I loved Steph's flowers outside...
Sandra did most of the preparation like: 'eingelegtes Fleisch', Tzatziki, Kaeuterbutter, Schaschlik spiesse (excuse my German... I know most of it is spelled wrong, i'm too lazy now to look it up), Baguette Brot, Mais Kolben, Folienkartoffeln and for desert banana 'grilled' and lazed with Bailys :)... BOAH... das war ein LECKERES BBQ! 
Sandra introduced Jen right away into 'Alsterwasser' (half beer/ half sprite). We had a great time but a tough time with the moskitos... we were spaying us with tons of 'anti moskito stuff' but Jen and I got bit a lot :( so we had to go inside after a while.
It was a great time and we're looking into doing a 'German cooking' night so we won't forget the German taste ;)

No comments: