Today was a crazy day... first of all I think almost everybody woke up by the thunder that was going nuts in the morning. During the morning it started to rain and just didn't stop but was getting heavier and heavier. There was just too much water coming down that it couldn't go away quick enough and decided to come back up again and leave lakes in our Warehouse. So the Warehouse guys needed to move the freight asap from the 'wet' area and the rest was trying to get the water out of the Warehouse somehow (it was kind of fun doing 'active' work instead of sitting in front of the computer). Since another storm was going to come in soon and our parking lot looked already like a little lake. Management decided to send us home... that was around 11 AM.
This afternoon I got some pictures from a few hours later, around 3-4 PM... this is the street our building is 'sitting' on. You cannot even 'see' the street anymore:

These are the sea freight docks...

This is the 'drive in' to the Warehouse ;)

and here a closer look to the big lake... to the right would be the rest of the docks (airfreight):

The main entrance to the office... this lake is supposed to be our parking lot!!! Keep in mind that in the middle it's deeper...

And this was the other side of our 'street'... you can see... water... water... water... the area was totally flooded.
Where I live everything was fine :). So I had no trouble at all driving around. Unfortunatelly Sandra couldn't leave her home because she's living in that flood area. Our movie/ pedicure and BBQ preparation night totally fell into the water :(...
So I hope all is ok with our building and the water is going away quickly and is not destroying anything!!! At night another big storm came in but i decided to go to the movies alone so I kind of got around that one ;). Tomorrow it should be a very nice day :) YEAH... Look forward to the girls night, haven't seen the girls in weeks! This time the weather shouldn't screw it up, please ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment