Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Getting bigger and bigger

Well, today I feel like 'writing'... Zoe is getting bigger and bigger and more mobile every day. The other day I forgot to close the gate to the stairs because we wanted to leave in a minute, checked one email and hear Zoe complaining... started looking for her and there she was sitting at the middle of the stairs not being able to go down again! Too funny.

Another funny story... we have these 'door stopper' at almost every door attached to the wall. They're like 'spirals' and make cool sounds when you grab them (of course) and the other day Zoe grabbed soooo hard that she actually had the whole thing in her hand! Ok, now we have to fix it...

Another funny story, I just fed her lunch, put her down, she was busy playing around. I fix my lunch, sit down... wusch... Zoe crawls super speedy towards me, stands up next to me and is making her noise 'I want FOOD'... ok ok... there is nothing we can eat anymore without sharing it with her!!! NOTHING... she spots food everywhere and is right away at the action where the food is... Question that I ask myself a lot of times now: Did we make a dog or a baby???
Even boring mashed potatoes with carrots or rice cereal are not good enough for her, no, she wants what I eat, the pasta with the ham and sauce!!! (Edda, I made the dish and Frank actually loved it *YEAH*. I would've never guessed that in a million years so now it's back on the menue in our house hold).

She also knows how to let us know she doesn't like it! Hands up, pushing the spoon away with a facial expression... it just cracks you up!

She can now walk along the couch or with her walker and I showed her how to 'massage' her body with these cool soft balls with nopples on them... today I saw her trying to massage her neck!

Another funny thing... I hear women getting pregnant a lot lately. I have no clue if that's because we officially started getting pregnant now too or if we're having a baby boom coming??? I swear, I've counted them yesterday and I think I came up to 9 women I know that are pregnant! Maybe it's also because I hang around with so many moms that the 'second' or 'third' baby is just a matter of when anyways or was there something in the mix in dec???

I wanna suggest to you all who'd like to read fun stories, to read Nicole's blog (see under friends and family). She writes sooo funny, everytime she posts something I'm just cracking up! I just have to mention it. She's expecting her second child ;). I know her from the Michigan Mom's Group, a group I discovered through meetup.com... awesome network to find people to hang out with.

Ok, that's it for today. I have to go back to work, Zoe is snoozing out now for her nap and lately I have a harder time getting my work in. But I make it work somehow.

Regarding Frankie Boy, he's off to Toronto today, comes back tomorrow and flies THU to FR to Chicago... I guess the reality has us back :(...

Zoe dressed up for our walk!
Jammi, my delicious dinner yesterday and also my lunch today (since it was sooo good)
I couldn't believe it but Zoe actually got into her car seat by herself! I was amazed!!! I guess she wanted to take a ride *lol*... her way of letting me know!!! *lol*
'Ja, da guckst Du Mama, wa? Ich bin fast drin, wo fahren wir jetzt hin? Something fun, ok?'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ja, das stimmt. Hier sind auch viele schwanger oder versuchen schwanger zu werden.
Ansteckende Krankheit? ;-)