Thursday, May 14, 2009

Random pics

Ok, it's time for another post ;) and I actually found some pics that I took with my phone... 
I took this picture when I was picking up Irina and Thorsten from the airport and I just thought this is a total: NO GO. I mean... really!!! How can something like this drive around? In Germany that truck wouldn't even made it one cm far!!! I was just SHAKING my head... and took a picture :). It won't be very cool if this whole mess will loosen up... nice for the man in the car behind it!!!
While shopping I discovered cactuses!!! You can actually buy them... and eat them??? Weird, weird, weird... that must hurt if you bite in it... I bet there is a secret behind how to eat them. I didn't buy any though! That's too strange for me *lol*
On the last trip to DET (that was actually last FR). I had a flight right away after work on FR. It all went pretty well and we were on our way to the runway when the captain said... 'something is wrong with the computer' :(... they tried to fix it while we were 'parking' in the field but this was one of the technical things that the pilots weren't allowed to touch... damn it... back to the gate *nooooo*... ok, so we were waiting for the mechanics for about 10-15 minutes and then they decided it takes an hour to fix. Everybody had to leave the plane... they said we'll board again once everything is fixed or maybe take another plane... while leaving the plane they had already another plane for us ready so we kind of left the one plane and waited a little bit and boarded again on another plane. 
3 people didn't show up... but luckily we didn't wait forever for them (they never showed up I think). But then... this plane had too much fuel in it (can it get more crazy???) I was just laughing... the funniest things happen... ok... so they had to remove some fuel (that was too much for a little flight to DET, we would've had overweight). 
Ok... long story short... ETD of my original flight was 4:55PM and we actually left the gate the second time at 6:30PM... which brought me into DET at 8:30/9PM (DET is one hour ahead of CHI). And then we FINALLY had each other back in our arms :). 
Oh... yeah... this beautiful sunset greeted me in DET. Ist't that romantic?... And of course a wonderful, happy man greeted me with a huge smile :)
We had a wonderful weekend, did our first Harley Tour together and had lots of fun ;)... on Monday morning Frankie dropped me of at the airport on his way to work... and I went then right away from the airport to work. 

This picture is right in front of my gym :). I'm a gym junky I guess... every night when I'm in CHI I try to go... and today I tried something different!!! It's so cool seeing how all this work in the gym pays back... 
back to the picture... there are those animals (I don't even know their names)!!! And I guess they became parents ;)... now they have all those little ones running around. And when I left the gym the whole gang was crossing the street... and not fast or so... no... they were just walking across the street and then they stopped in the middle of the street! I guess the mom was watching if they all follow!!! It was too funny... they feel very homy there.
Ok, I need to start packing my stuff... tomorrow after work I'm gonna go on a little roadtrip to DET :). On sunday I probably come back to CHI and will fly out on Tuesday again... *g*... to DET but I have to work this time ;). 
On FR after work Frankie and I will go on a roadtrip together to Baltimore where his family lives. So I'm gonna meet them all :)... I'm so excited and look forward to meeting them a lot :). Monday May, 25th we have a holiday (Memorial Day)... that's the day when all the pools open up... YEAH... sun... 

2 comments:

Doug and/or Dana said...

Rona, das sind Gaense... Canadian Geese to be exact. Die schmecken unheimlich gut :-) Aber die sind auch zu suess zum Schiessen, finde ich. Wann kann man dich denn erreichen? Du bist irgendwie immer im siebten Himmel, eh ich meine DET... Will ja nicht stoeren ;-0 Rufe mal an, wenn die wieder in CHI bist.

SitSit said...

Lol.. also so einen Pickup würde man in Deutschland nicht sehen.
Sieht echt irre aus.. und so unsicher. :-D