Monday, May 4, 2009

Irina and Thorsten in CHI Town

This was just too cool... Irina's suitcase was 'heavy duty' ;)... on the way back to Germany they gonna take one of mine and then they won't have overweight anymore and don't have to pay extra money!!!
They arrived Saturday afternoon very relaxed from San Francisco. They had a very nice trip through the West of the USA. They visited 11 National Parks (yeah) and a lot of other great stuff:
The first night we were preparing dinner ourselves
a little too much for just the three of us. Now I have 4 additional lunches for the next weeks ;). Oh, and here one very cool thing right away... you can see the Mobile Rene has created for me... all by hand... those little animals. I hang in the breakfast bar area because I think they make a good fit in there
Sunday Morning we got up early and made our way downtown via train

The Opera Down Town and two crazy people... I didn't take sooo many pictures than Irina and Thorsten... this was the most famous 'position' you could see these two most of the times ;)
FLOWERS... the whole city was full of them... soooo cool. I loved it
Millenium Park... an ocean of green and flowers

Me in front of the Buckingham Fountain:
We're sitting on the water for a while, resting our feet...
A view over to the Sears Tower
I just couldn't help it... I did take so many pictures of flowers
These are the sidewalks in DownTown... isn't this a beautiful city?


From the Hancock Tower I took a picture of one of the green roofs that we have here in Chicago. They help to cool down the buildings in the summer time and it helps ;)... Chicago is pretty environmentally friendly in some parts
Michigan Avenue again...

Irina and I were trying to help moving the suitcase... I think I have to do some weight lifting first before I'll be able to lift this monster *lol*
We hat a fun time. This morning they're going to head out to Frankfurt again back to good old Germany. I was very glad they stopped by... we had a lot to talk about and hope to see each other again soon. They really liked Chicago and for dinner we went to 'Texas de Brazil' a Brazil Steak House where you have a very nice buffet and then they start coming around with all sorts of meat!!! DELICIOUS... they were very impressed by this restaurant. We ate a LOT... and rolled out of the restaurant *lol*... I think this was a very nice ending of their vacation and they're ready to go back to work after a nice relaxing and great vacation. 

No comments: