Let's start this post off with a Date Night... yes... we actually had a date night in March checking out the band that filmed a video for one of their songs where Frank is playing a part in ;). If I ever get that video I'll post it of course. The band is called 'Second Echo' and they're super cool... so we had a great time and had a small appetizer afterwards in a pub closer to home and called it a night...
Here we are again eating Sushi... I forgot why we went and 'celebrated'... the kids probably would know *lol* but I forgot the occasion. Henry goofs around while waiting for the food...Yum
That WED we had a super windy day... it actually knocked down a bunch of trees.. mostly pine trees... of course we had power outages all over Michigan. Luckily we only had like 30 min on a FR night (while they were repairing other areas) but there were many many people that had no power from WED through SUN... and the weather got colder again too. Some of our neighbors lost shingles on their roofs but luckily we didn't loose anything and nothing got damaged...
creation of the moment... so to speak 'homemade tater tots / oder Kroketten'
Zoe and Henry got little chicks at their 4H club. Henry named his girl 'Henry' and Zoe names hers Zoe. Zoe hasn't met Zoe yet... she will this Sunday. That SAT we went and visit them she got to hang out with 'Amelia' ;)
A Science Project... we're having a lot of fun trying out new things:
Oh, what's that? Jup... IKEA :)... Zoe had a day off and it started snowing again and the roads were pretty slick so after the gym we went to IKEA for lunch and strolled around a little. We'll be moving the kids bedrooms around. The guest room will be Zoe's room and the smallest room (Zoe's current room) will turn into the guest room. We figured we should do that :)... Zoe is really excited and with all her set up playmobil she barely has room to play in her room so let's move some stuff around and make it interesting :).
My first Field Trip :). I never volunteered to be a chaperone at a field trip. 1st of all I have Henry with me and 2nd I didn't care too much for a day full of a whole classroom loaded up with kids or better three classrooms... because we have three 1st Grade Classes that will go on the trip together. Well... little did I know... it's so much fun. And the excitement in Zoe for DAYS to be looking forward to spending a whole day with me alone was just the cutest thing ever... she was thrilled... we had a great time and I got to ride on an American school bus for the very first time and I got to share that moment with my daughter... how much more special can it be?
I won't post any pics of the rest of the trip... we went to the Henry Ford Museum (my favorite place to be) and since I got all the other kids in the pictures I'll leave those offline... but it was really fun. Next Field Trips I'll volunteer for sure... because Henry will be in school full time anyway and then I can chaperone all the trips going forward, if they need me ;)...



No comments:
Post a Comment