Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mothersday

First of all... Happy Mothersday to all the amazing Moms out there. For having the toughest job but yet most rewarding and most important as well :). Never a dull moment and lots of fun and joyful days behind us and ahead of us :)... 

Big news this week... I changed my diet. It was quite a spontaneous thing but I totally fell in love with it and the results are AMAZING. Alone in the first 5 days (the cleaning phase) I lost 5 lbs and 3.5 % body fat!!! And I'm not big I would say so that's a huge number. I feel great and I really look forward to each new meal that I get to explore and try. I have to cook two meals now because my family wouldn't touch these meals except Dustin :). He enjoys my new breakfast meals that I make for him too and once he finishes school he'll try out more of the plans recipe as well. It's a bit tricky because you have to eat every 4 hrs and even I am not able to manage it because I'm mostly not at home hat the 'eating time slots' so I got creative and started preparing my lunch before heading out for the day and eat when I'm out and about but the healthy option. 

Here is a Walnut Lentil Salad, that was super delicious and so filling, I couldn't even eat the whole plate at one time!!!
My coffee is made with only half a teaspoon of coconut oil (jup... weird but look how amazing it looks) and you mix it in a blender, add a bit of Almond milk, mix again and this amazing looking coffee comes out and I totally enjoy this fancy coffee. I had to admit. I was drinking A LOT OF COFFEE before starting this diet and I am only allowed to drink one 8oz coffee (this style) a day. No milk no creamer :(... but I totally enjoy my one (little bigger cup than 8oz) a day but I sure had some headaches from the caffeine withdraw during the days :(... now I'm fine
Apple Walnut Parfait (Dustin's favorite - to date)
 Egg Salad on Rye Crisp, oh yum...
Oh, look at this cutiepie... my adorable son... isn't he a handsome fellow! He loves playing play-doh
His snow man!
Spinach Scramble, umm that was good too. Even Frank came downstairs and asked what the yummy smell was but he wouldn't eat it though *lol*
Meanwhile this is what my family eats. Loaded Ziti, lots of Mozzarella Cheese and Ricotta... I have the feeling that my smell senses have increased even though they've been always really good but wow... I was just smelling this amazing dish and I felt like I ate a piece *lol*... only me *lol*...
Well, I really enjoy this new journey and the reward is so rewarding that it's hard to say no to it anyway :). Now I'm off to a Sunday Funday I guess... just chilling and seeing what they day will bring. We got a huge trampoline for the kids, hopefully I'll be able to assemble it later today so the kids can start enjoying it and burn out some energy... 
Have a wonderful day y'all :)

No comments: