Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day - The day before 'first day of school'

Oh my! I cannot believe it but Zoe's first day of school starts tomorrow! Where did the time go? Zoe is not really thrilled but I'm sure that will pass once she makes friends at school and she gets comfortable with her new school. She loved her pre-school too so I'm confident she'll be fine. 
My friend Edda made her this amazing 'Elsa' Schultuete... unfortunately here in the USA the first day of school won't be celebrated like it is in Germany :(... so we had a little family celebration this morning (the day before school)... Henry was so super excited about his little Schultuete and Zoe was just sad but very excited about the Schultuete and what was in it :)... 




We decided to do one of Henry's most favorite things to do today and one of Zoe's favorite things to do. What else should we do for the last day of 'freedom'? Right? ;)... Now we're hooked on school schedules and stuck with all the others.
Dustin really liked the Henry Ford museum as well. I didn't take more pictures because I've seen it all already so many times ;)... just a few pics:





And in the afternoon we went to the pool :). Last day of outdoor pool today :(... it was super hot so it was the perfect way to end the summer. Dustin did a workout and joined us at the pool for the last few min.


Alright... let's get cooking! To make it easier in the morning I prepared already as much as I could for the lunch boxes. Dustin, Zoe and Frank each need a lunch box for school and work so it'll be a busy morning but once they all are out of the house I get to relax a little with my little man. I think he's super excited to spend some one on one with me for the upcoming time... I wonder how long he'll enjoy it until he'll get bored ;). But no worry, we'll be busy...
Wish us luck that tomorrow will go very smoothly. Dustin will have to catch the school bus at 7:03 am!!! And Frank will bring Zoe to school since her school doesn't have a school bus and they will have to leave the house no later than 7:30am. Very exciting morning... I hope I'll be able to sleep ;). For some reason I'm totally not nervous... I'm excited for tomorrow and look forward to a new chapter in our lives... our first born is a school kid!!!!

No comments: