Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Dishwasher, me, myself and I...

Yes, that's right... hubby is gone shopping doing his thing, Baby is fed and taking a nap only the sound of the running dishwasher is disturbing the peaceful quietness in the house right now... 'YEAH' for mommy who has a few minutes to herself since it's the weekend and the work laptop is shut down!!! Very rare these moments these days. That's probably why you haven't heard anything from us lately...
We're doing great... Frank has a LOT of work since he volunteered to take on another big position which hopefully turns into only one before the baby comes along. So far he managed everything for the new dept. to run smoothly again but it's still a lot of meetings etc. and he's very tired at the end of the day. But when he comes home our daughter is blooming like crazy and is telling him a lot of things. She's so chatty these days... it's not English nor German but it's so much fun to just watch her and it brightens up our day a lot.
Zoe likes dancing to songs, which is more a 'up and down' exercise or walking along the furnitures like crazy *lol*. She goes up and down the stairs by herself, likes to hang out with us on the couch while bouncing from one parent to the next, getting into everything her eyes discover. She loves to walk but since she needs help from us or the furnitures, she's not as free as she wishes to be. She builds towers with her blocks and also pretends to read books... or maybe just looks at the pictures. There are times when she totally plays by herself and times when she's very clingy. Not to mention she got four new muller (Backenzaehne) in the last week which hurt her a lot. She can also throw fits very good (pretty annoying for me) but it can't always go her way!!! Then she cries like crazy with big crocodile tears and wants to be hugged to know everything is alright... she's too funny!
Now to the little one... she/he's doing great so far. I've started already the second trimester and wow what a different... I got my energy back... I was getting depressed already with being so tired all the time and had no energy for anything and addtl. Frank was on bz trips a lot... it was so bad... last weekend I finally said: ENOUGH... get back on the horse Rona and get your life back together! Good for me that the 1st trimester ended and my energy came right back and I'm back to normal (FINALLY). My body changed already! I guess I owe you guys a belly picture. I still don't wanna admit I'm getting bigger *lol*. I went to the office yesterday and one of the ladies said: 'Man, you're getting big!' Wow... that wasn't what I wanted to hear AT ALL!!!
Last Wednesday I went to Pilates which I really enjoyed after a crazy day with Zoe. Time for myself and doing something for my body is always the best treat being a mom. Unfortunately the baby didn't like it as much, I had some abdominal pain afterwards and since then I experience some little pains in that area but might be just the baby growing which was mentioned in my daily newsletter I get. But I'll definitely let the instructor know next time I go there. This pregnancy seems to be feeling the same than with Zoe... I can't find any differences so far besides having a toddler around while being pregnant is a bit more challenging.
Only 6 more months!!! Gosh, these pregnancies are going by so fast!!! I can't wait to welcome our second one and look forward to the craziness we're going to have, I bet it will be much wilder than now and more life in the house which I look forward to a lot. It hit me the other day when I told Frank... it's just so nice to know that the family is growing again after so many years of loosing one family member after the other.
But for now I'm glad it's still in the belly and I only have to take care of one *lol*. Zoe is growing so fast!!! She seems to only want to nap once now which is uncool for my work. I had to change my schedule again and it's getting more and more challenging to get work done. But very seldom I had to move my work hrs into the nights or weekends... so we're still in the green. I so look forward to take off work for 3 months after the baby will be born. That's gonna be a great time to just enjoy motherhood and not to worry about when I'm gonna be able to get my work in. I have to look into a sitter who can come into our house to watch the kids while I work when I will get back in 2012... but I'm not really looking into it yet... I'm just not the biggest fan of it yet but I guess I have to find somebody because with two kids I won't be able to manage it myself. I'd really love to maybe at least go into the office once a week since I really miss the socializing with the coworkers but then on the other hand I don't wanna leave the kids alone with a sitter at home. But maybe once I find somebody I really like and I feel comfortable enough I'll go that route and enjoy one day in the office.
Ok... that's enough updates for right now I think... I'll try to get my belly picture taking this weekend. Right now I'm too lazy for it but I'll take it, I promise ;)... have a great weekend everybody.
Oh, and before I forget, I removed the anonymous writing option for comments since I got a few very bad comments that luckily got filtered by the spam filter of the blog. But nevertheless I don't want to get the emails either and it was either protect the blog with a userid and password or remove the anonymous option for the comments. I guess everybody agrees that this is the best option I chose ;)

No comments: