Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Road Trip to Chicago

Man what a great time we had :). On Sunday Zoe and I drove to Chicago and it took us about 5.5 hrs with 2 stops we had to make because Zoe wanted to eat something and get changed. I was sooo excited to go to Chicago that I arrived totally hyper at Steph's place.
Germany vs. Australia (World Soccer Game) were playing earlier that day and the four of them (Steph, Sandra & Ravyn and Sani) were watching it (GERMANY WON 4:0 *YEAH*). After I finally arrived we had BBQ and chattet a little bit. It was so great hanging out with the girls... oh man I miss that. I would've loved to watch the game with them as well but I wanted to sleep in and Zoe sleeps normally until 11AM as well so we ended up being on the road at noon.
On Monday we went to work together very early because I had a conference call scheduled for 7AM Chicago time. I put Zoe into her stroller and right away she went back to her normal morning sleep which was great. Coworkers wanted to see her already but I tried to put them off until Zoe would be awake. Many coworkers were so excited to see us :)... it was great. Also working with Sani again in one room, chatting about the work we're having, talking about the solutions we're working on. I really miss it and it was so great I wish we could work like more often!
It was a big change being in the office.... when I went to the bathroom I ran into 10 people, here at home there is nobody I run into *lol*... also the noise, here at home it's so quiet because I just keep everything off and enjoy the quietness when I have it and in the office everybody was talking so loud and it was very noise in the office, very weird. Also being around people all day again, very different... you actually have to behave and 'check' what you're saying *lol*.
When we had our conf call (with Customer Solution people from all over the world - most of the times the head guys of the regions) I had some screens popping up on my laptop saying: low memory!!!
I said to Sandra: Man, I have low memory here...
Sandra: Das ist nix neues fuer mich (That's nothing new to me)

5 min later: Rona: Ich muss auf's Klo, ey! (Man, I have to pee)
Sandra is looking at the phone: Oh man, the mute button isn't pressed!!! And half of the people on the call are German *LOL*... we were so cracking up... that's probably why the germans went quiet after we had our little conversations here... haha, oh man... see... I told Sandra: Well, I bet you haven't laughed that hard lately here at work. And she agreed! Rona is back *lol* and the tummy muscles hurt again from laughing so much :). Well, don't worry, I didn't say it that loud that they actually could understand it... it was just lots of fun on our part.
Even Zoe got her own badge, look how cute it is... everybody loved her and some wanted to keep her but of course It took her back home with me :).
It was strange, once we got home Zoe didn't want to be alone anymore. She constantly wanted to be carried around by me or sit on my lap watching me uploading video's etc. as soon as I tried to put her in bed or lay here down next to me on the couch or on the ground she wouldn't be ok but scream as crazy. I guess she had some very exciting days, being handed off and meeting sooo many new people that she just needed some 'mommy time'. Here a video from her watching Sani's cats:

3 comments:

Doug and/or Dana said...

Hi Roni, schoen, dass euer Trip gut war. Einfach mal rauskommen und um andere Leute sein ist schon wichtig. Ich merke das auch mit Sophia, dass mir der soziale Umgang eine gute Abwechslung bietet. Nicht zu viel aber eben genug. Ich finde deinen Blog Hintergrund sehr cool. Der passt richtig zu dir. Quirky und squirly :-)

Anonymous said...

Drollig, wie genau Zoe die Kätzchen beobachtet. Und die aufregende Zeit in Chicago scheint ihr ja richtig Spaß gemacht zu haben.

sani said...

lol - ja war echt spassig euch beiden hier gehabt zu haben. Lustig wie se so faziniert von den Katzen war!!