Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Month just flew by!

Sorry guys... the month of January just flew by. Our exchange student Jenny left on TUE and Frank had to go to Baltimore for a couple of days as well so TUE/WED it was from 6 people living in this house down to 3 people living in this house but Frank is on his way as I type and we'll have him back tonight again.
It's quite an adjustment food wise and I still always think Jenny comes out of her room any minute... Ulla spent the last two weeks with us because she needed to finish her semester here in Belleville and she took over my office which was so weird to take back over after she left. The last few days alone I took advantage of taking the house apart and clean it from top to bottom. 
Here some pics of the last few weeks...
SNOW... Zoe loves it and takes every opportunity to go outside and if it's only for  10 min...


Play Date with Silke and her crew :)


The Itouch has the magic touch I guess... it's horrible! They're glued to it... it's so bad that we actually took the itouch and hid it!
Plymouth Ice Festival 



Our Teens... and their favorite hobby :)

Jenny wanted to make some cupcakes for her class so Zoe and I produced the basic real quick and Jenny did the decorations
Bowling was always a lot of fun.
The little ones and I went to Oberweis (Yammi Ice Cream Shop) after a playdate up north with friends

Well somebody fell asleep coloring :)
We gave Jenny an amazing pampered pedicure for X-mas and we enjoyed it big times :)
 I was shopping with the monkeys... 8 pair of great kids shoes for $60!!! Go me!!!
One of a crazy phase thing... wearing PJ's during the day!!! Luckily they don't do that anymore... 

Detroit Auto Show :)... THE Autoshow and now I can finally say I've been there... was pretty cool and everything new etc. There are quite a bunch of models out there!





Oh, my niece Leia :)... Cutiepie
On the way to the Airport... Jenny's last few steps on American Soil (for a while)



... And Jenny is back home in Austria. It was an amazing time and we cannot wait to have our next exchange student. We're going with a different organization now so we have to apply new etc... but everything should work out just fine just a lot of steps to go through. Last time we went with ISE, Ulla came with YFU and the new one is wit CHI. Just FYI those who's interested in it... they know what the abbreviations mean ;). In a couple of years I've known them all *lol*
My sick little monkey :(... he threw up yesterday morning but bounced right back around 11am and was running around again. Nevertheless I had to re-arrange my fully scheduled day but it all worked out in the end. We just missed one fun play date :(.

No comments: