Somehow it was my favorite soup of the childhood. My mom made this very delicious lentil soup and of course I loved the sausages the most *lol*... I cut them all in half so I'd have more sausages overall. Well, I'm very pleased with the outcome of my first try to make a lentil soup however it didn't taste like moms! Could also be the 'american' ingredients' of course but I'm eager to try it again and see if I make it more similar tasting the next time. The kids liked it. Henry ate almost the whole plate I gave him and Zoe picked all her sausages out of it and was eating the soup and said: Mmmhh, I like it :)... even though she left behind all the lentils... little crazy woman :).
Ok, I'm having some time to 'report' from our life. The house is super quiet, kids in bed, no TV on and just me myself and I. I like that and really enjoy this quiet time sometimes. Since I'm back from Chicago I try to catch up on sleep which is not really working since Henry still thinks he needs to drink 3-4 times a night! If you wanna give him the water bottle he's getting so angry! Any tips? I take it!!! He's almost a year old, only one more month to go and the plan was to wean him from breastfeeding but it seems to be not as easy with him as I thought it would be. Right now he seems to be like he never will stop breastfeeding! We'll see when it comes down to it. Funny is, he kind of skipped the pureed food / baby food. We had such a hard time giving him that and now that he can chew with his tiny teeth he just loves food! He's still very picky but he wants to eat the real deal and nothing pureed! Pretty funny... so that goes very well.
Zoe and Henry are getting along very well. Of course there is the sharing thing that's not Zoe's biggest strength but she watches out for Henry and makes sure he's not going anywhere 'dangerous' or when he falls and cries she's right away there, trying to comfort him. Pretty cute... I was hoping that she keeps an eye on him in certain situations which turns out great. He doesn't know yet what is dangerous and what's not... but he listens better than Zoe does at the moment *haha*.
Zoe is completely in her 'terrible 2's'... sometimes I just don't know WHAT to do anymore... and then you have days in between that are just perfect like today. I tried not to schedule too many play dates anymore since I needed to relax a little more and at work I had some hot reports going on so I kept it low key on play dates and I really enjoy this 'being at home' right now... this morning I just went out took a 'zoe walk' and ran into my neighbor friends, chatted a little and was home at lunch. Had a great work time while the kids napped and then the kids played while I prepared dinner and Mary Margaret brought me some items from Costco that she got for me while she was there. Sooo cool since I needed to go to Costco because of three items and now I didn't have to go since she got it for me :). That's awesome...
After dinner we went outside and cleaned our yard/ garage a little... and once the kids were in bed I continued cleaning up the inside and now it's bedtime.
Life is so good. We had two date nights on the weekend and really have to have more of these... soooo nice to be away alone for a couple of hours.
Alright... I gotta go... I need to get every minute of sleep I can get at the moment. Hope you all have a great time and enjoy our pictures ;).



1 comment:
Hihi. ich teile die Würstchen auch immer. :-) mach ich auch heute noch und ich hab nen Geheimtipp für dich: paps macht auch eine ganz Leckere linsensuppe und meike auch. :-) sehr Yummi. Vllt können die beiden dir noch Tipps geben.
LG
Tante Sita
Post a Comment