Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

This weekend again proves how good and important friends are :). We had a blast this weekend hanging out with friends. Sure enough Frank needed to meet my friends and since he was here for a long weekend we met all of them at this one weekend. 
Yesterday Frank and I made a 'homemade' pizza for the 'Meet the Girls Night' and it turned out to be pretty good. I just had the idea to do a homemade pizza because we used to do that when we're growing up. Everybody was preparing their own piece so everybody is getting a pizza they like and also eat ;). 
So we made the dough with the bread baker machine. First I put too much water in it... the numbers were too small in the recipe book that I didn't get the amount right :(. So we threw that dough away and tried it a second time. Actually the third dough was the best (Uebung macht den Meister) and then we loaded up the pizza. Frank was shocked and worried how much I was throwing on the pizza ;).... that's the difference between homemade and pizza delivery... not just cheese and pepperoni and then you can count the pepperonis on it... no... load up the pizza with all kinds of stuff. Frank did an excellent job watching the pizza in the oven so the double whopper pizza was done and hot in all places. That was fun and very delicious. Now I have 4 additional lunches left :)... 
It was really great hanging out with our friends and chat, having a good time. I'll miss that big times in DET... it's kind of sad... I made a lot of good friends in Germany and left, went to Chicago made more good friends and will leave again... I'm so glad we have the internet nowadays with all the easy communication to your friends. What would I do without it??? We're going to make sure that we'll have a good internet connection in our new place :). Has been discussed already ;)...

2 comments:

SitSit said...

Hihi.. ja. Das war früher immer lustig mit dem Pizzabelegen. Jeder hat dann wirklich das bekommen was er wollte. ;-) Hoffe eure Pizza war so lecker wie unsere Pizzen damals.

Anonymous said...

Ich will fotos sehen....!!! ;)
LG andrea