My dear Readers, I haven't forgotten about you at all but since I started my new journey with all the work on top of my normal stuff, time is limited. But I have to say that it doesn't 'feel' like work. I really enjoy doing all this and although I won't see results right away as time passes it will all pay off. Well one thing changed for sure, my paycheck *lol*...
Ok, let's get back to the beginning of April and what it had in store for us. We celebrated 'spirit week' in school and we had 'college day' one day and Zoe's 'University' choice was very unique :)...
My van has already over 100000 Miles on it (jup... all me driving around in only 5.5 years! So it needed a new timing belt and a new water pump while we got to ride in this stylish vehicle for a day... Henry wasn't happy about it but he survived and his grumpy face he couldn't hold for long :).
80's Baby... Zoe had a spring concert which was super cool. It was so much fun listening to all the different music era's 70's, 80's, 90's and current... the kids and I stayed all night and had a great time.
Frank's Bday Present came a few days late but it was so worth it :). We picked out a frame for a glass painting his father has made and gave us a while back. It is a very special piece and has such great colors. The white frame brings out the beauty even more... really cool.
We had a few days when the weather was really great and we took advantage of the days and taught our neighbor how to ride the bike without training wheels. It only took one full day and the next day she was off on her own... next one is Henry... oh and yeah, somebody else got hold of my phone... guess who? ;)
We finally got Aldi in Belleville now as well and oh was I excited to see the German pickles on the shelf :)... I don't like the American Dill pickles... I only can eat the German pickles and I'm so excited to have a glass of those for my next pickle craving :)
The reward for riding without training wheels... a trip to Frosty Boy :).
During Spring Break the kids and I took a ride to Chicago and visited my friend Stephanie in her new home. We had a great time, chatted a ton and here is one of our 'pink drink' morning pictures... :)...
I treated ourselves to some new water bottles... drinking water in style :). They have really cool water bottles here and I normally run around with mine and the kids are used to it as well. We also got these cool thermo lunch container so I can heat up lunch for the kids and they can eat it warm at lunch time. We tested it out and Zoe loves it... a great alternative to the same old sandwichAnother Morning Pink Drink Picture...
On Saturday we got so lucky that we went on a Mom's Day Out... we went to an opportunity event and met some amazing new Ladies who we're working with now... it was an amazing time
Henry's creation
Last night out on the patio with some mimosa and peanut puffs... OMG, they were so delicious...
On the way home we stopped at the 'Bauernhof' to check in on Henry and Zoe
A successful trip came to an end... it was fun
Oh somebody stole my phone again... all this evidence *lol*
I don't remember what this was... maybe just a weekend morning or before bedtime... just hanging out with the kids trying to puzzle
Zoe's school had a great evening event one day where the Hands-On Museum came out into their gym and we took advantage of the whole 2 hours and tried out almost every station. Great event
Playground time... Henry was so excited to have made it up on top of the rock... he's getting so big!
Back home there was another opportunity event with the company so I went again and checked it out. I had the opportunity to meet the president and I did. I went to him, shook his hand and told him who I was etc. and had to take a picture with him and his wife...
another 'promotion picture' *lol*... jup... I'm doing it... all in.
Easter Weekend came pretty fast around the corner and we had a great turnout at our annual neighborhood Easter Egg hunt again... it is so nice meeting new and old neighbors and catch up with them.
Easter Morning was pretty uneventful... the kids enjoyed their gifts and we had a very relaxing chill day
I made a Turkey *YUM*
The flowers I planted last fall as a surprise for the new home owners finally came through and make my heart jump. It is a great bandage for all the heartache this house hunt was...
Oh look... somebody fell asleep running errands ;). Life is exhausting *lol*. So cute though... I love to see the kids sleeping... it is such a peaceful picture and every time I tuck in the kids before I go to bed I watch them for a minute longer how they sleep so peaceful.I promise to post sooner next time... I just had to get used to a new schedule and how to get the most out of my day. I have a good handle on it now that i'm in the new groove and it's a lot of fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment