Sunday, January 3, 2016

Winter Break

I hope everybody had a very great Christmas and a great start into 2016. We had a great start into 2016 and our winter break was somewhat weird. There has been a bug going around in our family... it's been quite interesting. There was at least one person a day that wasn't feeling well. Luckily we got to spend most of our time comfortable at home and rested... enjoyed quality time together. We squeezed in a Baltimore Trip spontaneously which we almost had to cancel last minute too (because of sickness). Unfortunately Dustin was feeling better just before departure but then got sick again in Baltimore so he had only one nice day when I took him to downtown alone and the kids were spending quality time with Grandma, Grandpa and Daddy. I showed Dustin pretty much everything I knew that should be seen and we were surprisingly done early with our sight seeing so I took him to the great bakery that I had to show him. I guess we were done so quickly because we didn't have the little feet with us. We could just go go go ;)... 
The kids enjoyed spending their time with Grandma... 

A Shopping Mall I've set foot in for the first time. I liked it...
The Miniature Land:







Back home yesterday after we went swimming... took a quick lunch break and then we headed to Zumba (me) and the kids to the Gym Day care.
Today was a sad day. Oh, Henry got sick AGAIN last night *sight*... so Frank and I were worried all day that we might get it too but luckily we didn't... puh... we took down all the christmas decoration :(... the tree is outside :(... everything back to normal and packed away for next year to be put up again. It was a bittersweet time because I really enjoy the xmas spirit. All the Christmas Cards we got I put onto a nice ribbon for display.
I kind of feel that we haven't done enough these two weeks... at least it seems like it. We've been home a lot, spent a lot of time together, played games, relaxed... were in Baltimore but I'm so used to be out and about with the kids all the time. I guess since school started, life changed... I miss it a lot though. I'm not quite there to accept this change of life but I also do enjoy my 'me-time' in the gym a lot. I try to go as much as I can and fit it in. 
Happy 2016 :)

No comments: