Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our first family trip - Frankenmuth

Today we went on our first family trip here in the area. That was fun... we left after at a relaxed time and arrived at Frankenmuth, MI around lunch time. Frankenmuth is a bavarian style city. It was founded in 1845 by a German guy ;). I don't know why it always have to be the 'bavarian style' these German towns!!!
We had a great time, the weather was hot with a nice breeze and here now some nice pics. Unfortunately I forgot the camera, luckily my IPhone takes pics :)...
My hot hubby strolling our daughter around. Even though I totally love our stroller it was very nice to walk around handsfree :).
You can't tell the temperature on the picture, but the clock looking thing there shows the temperature and it showed 90 F (32 Grad C) in the shade!!!
uh... this ride I had to take a picture of:
A covered wooden bridge:
What a great view from the bridge... oh... I could've just taken out a relaxing chair and sit there for a while:
The Cheese Mouse and me :)
Their brewery:
We also visited the museum and stopped at the year around christmas shop. It was huge and I bought a few ornaments :)... Zoe's first ornament for this years' x-mas. I look forward to our christmas already :). When I asked Frank today if we're going to have a tree he said: Yes, we have two x-mas trees for the next two x-mas. He wants to kill our trees in the garden to make some room for a swing set and a sand box for Zoe, isn't that nice? :) I had to laugh about it... well... it's ok with me. These trees are very, very nice looking so we'll have great x-mas trees I can tell you that :)
Here our little (already so much grown) Cutie. She did great and enjoyed our family day a lot:
and some pics from the x-mas store:

3 comments:

Jela said...

Was? Es gibt extra Weihnachtsstores in Amerika? Das ist ja cool. Ich will auch. So oft müssen Fabian und ich hier durch hunderte Läden rennen, um doch noch auf den letzten Drücker Adventskerzen zu bekommen... Amerika ist schon toll.
Sind wir Deutschen denn eigentlich so berühmt für Weihnachten oder warum ist gerade in Frankenmuth so ein Laden?

Anonymous said...

Ah, das hört sich super an. :-)
Schöne Bilder und ich beneide euch um den Christmasstore!!

Anonymous said...

ZOE LOOKS SOO.........BIG ON THAT PICTURE.SHE IS A CUTEY PIE!!!!!GM